We are so excited!!
It has been a long time since we have seen the smiling faces and felt the boundless energy of children gathered at Plymouth Covenant for ministry! We have been working hard to understand how best to prepare our classrooms and volunteers to receive your kids into the same loving, Jesus-centered environment that you are used to while following new health and safety guidelines to make our ministry spaces as safe as possible. We think we have figured out how to let kids be kids and still abide by many of the guidelines suggested by health experts. So now we are ready to regather!!
Beginning Sunday, August 2 at the 9:00am service, all of our early childhood classrooms will be open at 50% capacity: Nursery, Sprouts (2yrs), First Fruits (3yrs), and SonCatchers (4-5yrs). Families will need to register each week as space is limited. Registration will open on Thursday and close on Sunday morning each week. Simply click the button below to register.
Elementary ministry (K-5th grade) will not resume this summer.
We want to take the month of August to regather on a small scale with just early childhood to pilot our new procedures. It is our hope to be able to offer all ministries (birth through fifth grade) at more than one weekend service beginning in September. Thank you for your prayers and patience!
From the very first days of life, children are learning about God through the world around them. We want to partner with your family to be part of that world and part of their discovery.
We offer secure check-in for our children’s programming, which means:
- Automated check-in software prints child name tags and parent tags with matching security codes
- Check in or register as a first-time guest at any children’s ministry check-in desk throughout the building—volunteers will be happy to assist you
Ministries: Summer 2020
COVID-19 NOTE: due to capacity limitations and recommended health guidelines, no children’s ministry is being offered at this time. Beginning Sunday, August 2, all Kingdom Kids classrooms will open during the Sunday 9am worship service at 50% capacity. Registration for classroom space will be required (see above). The ministry descriptions listed below were our pre-COVID-19 ministries. We hope to be able to offer the full children’s ministry beginning the weekend of September 12/13.
KingdomKids (main level, near Door 2)
- Nursery (birth up to second birthday): available during all three on-site weekend worship services
- Kingdom Kids (two-to-five-year-olds combined class): Saturdays, 6:30 p.m.
- Sprouts (two-year-olds): Sundays, 9:00 and 10:45 a.m.
- First Fruits (three-year-olds): Sundays, 9:00 and 10:45 a.m.
- Son Catchers (four-to-five-year-olds): Sundays, 9:00 and 10:45 a.m.
All ministries for kids ages two to five use the My First Look curriculum to help kids experience three truths: God made me, God loves me, and Jesus wants to be my friend forever. Classrooms are a combination of free play and structured story, craft, and game time.
Caring for preschoolers (birth through kindergarten) and guiding these little souls is beautiful—and hard. That’s why we connect moms locally to meet together to laugh, cry, and embrace the journey of being a mom. Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) is open to all women who desire encouragement, friendship with other moms, and a nudge closer to Jesus.
- Birth to two years of age: nursery is provided, but parents are also welcome to keep their little ones with them for the night
- Two-year-olds: join the Puggles group
- Three-to-five-year-olds: join the Cubbies group
Check back soon for information about our next event.
Simply fill out the form below and Char Peterson, our Director of Early Childhood Ministry, will be happy to connect with you!